Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Silly

Remember how upset and disappointed I was about the outcome of the St. Paddy's Day Dash? How I was angry that I'd stopped, that I'd run with a bronchial infection? Remember how I claimed that it was the worst race of my life?

Well, I finally decided to rip off the band-aid and expose my ego to the elements. I navigated away from work to the race website and checked my time.

I finished in 31 minutes and 55 seconds.

That is a pace of 8 minutes and 24 seconds per mile to achieve 1322/7353 over all, 346/4085 women to run, and 70/785 in my division (women ages 26-29).

Not too shabby for running with compromised lungs and a cough. Don't get me wrong -- I still need a lot of work before San Diego, but man. Why do I freak out about the stupidest things???

1 comment:

ShortSkirts said...

that's a great time for crappy weather, and no immune system congrats lady