Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Training Schedule




I *think* this should work. Here you have it, ladies and gents: My training schedule. So far I've been happy with it, although I'm only just starting week 2 and today's a rest day :D

I'm noticing that the introduction of a schedule is helping me to make positive changes in other facets of life. I've set an official bedtime of midnight every day (excepting, of course, Thursdays when I ride with a group of my favorite fools on bicycles for whom I would do almost anything) before which I religiously brush and floss, I'm choosing healthier foods, I have a set 6am wake-up time after which i drink a cup of coffee and do yoga to a DVD from Gaiam before packing my bag and riding my bike into work. I think that, for numerous reasons, the last year of my life has been devoid of any sort of solid routine, and the lack of stability has been jarring. Simply advancing the practice of setting a schedule, adhering to it, and tracking my progress has been a catalyst to a more sane lifestyle and healthier habits. In turn, these habits seem to help me develop into a better, stronger, faster runner with higher endurance. Ah, symbiosis!

No comments: